Monday, May 04, 2009

Plant and Puppy

One of my orchids, actually one I've had for a couple of years, decided to go utterly berserk this year! It has so many blossoms and big heavy buds that I've had to prop it on a second orchid next to it in addition to the usual stick supporting. I moved it to the window above my claw foot tub, and it obviously likes that spot.


A blossom fell off a different orchid this morning, and I'm going to press it in my microwave flower press and make a note card from it. Cool, huh?


Meanwhile, last night Buck was displaying his level of stress and difficulty sleeping. Poor boy. I wish I could figure out some way to relieve him - NOT!! What I really wish is that I had his ability to be totally relaxed wherever I might be.

We had 3/4 inch of very late in the season rain a couple of days ago prolonging the wildflower season. I need to pick a few blossoms from various wildflowers and press those. Yet another project.

No comments: